Let's just say what everyone is thinking. COVID-19 sucks. And that's the nice way of putting it. It has wholly overhauled everyone's way of life, forcing us to stay indoors longer, causing mental and other obvious health challenges.
My mother always told me, "Your attitude creates the world around you." so even though the world is full of challenges, that doesn't mean we still can't find ways to have fun and enjoy life, so here are 5 truly fun things you can do during COVID, and 3 not quite as fun, but you should probably get them done.
- Rediscover or Learn a Hobby - Only if it's fun. Let me explain that. There is a lot of stress going on right now, so don't feel like you have to. But lately, I've been picking up my guitar and strumming it. It brings me back to my childhood when my poor neighbors had to hear my high school band rock'n out in the street. Those memories bring a smile to my face. Think back to when you were younger, and rediscover some of those hobbies.
- Cook, BBQ, Fail, Repeat - You may hate cooking, but I can almost guarantee you don't hate eating. Going online and discovering how grandma made that chicken noodle soup can be quite rewarding and again bring back some fond memories. If that doesn't sound like your style, get a cheap grill and some steaks. All they need is salt and pepper to taste delicious, and you can enjoy some fresh air outdoors while you grill them. If you are a vegetarian, you can grill portabella mushrooms as though they are steaks!
- Explore the great outdoors of this beautiful state we live in - there are so many beautiful parks and trails all around us outside of the city. It is easy to social distance when you are out in the wild. Pack a picnic for two and bring a blanket to turn it into a romantic evening. When was the last time you sat and watched the sunset?
- Rearrange the furniture in your home. This one counts as a fun one because my wife so thoroughly enjoys this, even if it is more of a chore for me. I have to admit it is nice mixing up things from time to time, and what better time than when you are spending time at home. *Bonus* This is actually healthy for your carpets as it allows your carpet to wear in different areas.
- Spend quality time with your family - Everyone's situation is quite different on this one. It may mean doing more facetime's to keep grandma safe, or it could just mean spending time with your children other than mutually hating common core math (God help me). Whatever situation you are in, set up some time each week to spend it with family. Board and card games provide an excellent opportunity for this. I've even heard of extended families doing digital Dungeons and Dragons groups. Even a simple walk goes a long way.
- Reestablish and measure your goals/bucket list items - My father is a planner, still to this day. He taught me to set my site on my goals and always be ready to pivot. COVID has been a pivot for us all, but now is a great time to make some goals and figure out paths to accomplish them. If you have a destination in mind, you at least know where you want to be.
- Deep clean the garage. I know cringe-worthy, right? Why not get it done; once you do, you can finally use the space for a car! Projects like this can seem daunting at first, but getting started is always the most challenging part. While you're doing the work, you'll find satisfaction in accomplishing. Once the work is done, you'll be happy it is.
- Clean your carpets, upholstery, tile, etc. We are all spending more time in our homes, and having a clean and healthy home is great for us physically and mentally. You will love the difference a Zerorez cleaning will make in your home.