Mother's Day may be a bit different this year because of quarantine. But despite all of the limitations on gatherings, Mother's still deserve to be celebrated. So, we have created a list of 7 things that you can do on Mother's Day this year to celebrate the special women in your life - while still in quarantine.
- Video Conferencing - Connecting with loved ones is different yet still possible to do while social distancing. Facebook has released a Messenger app that will allow you to video conference on not just on a smartphone but over the computer allowing a bigger screen and not requiring each user to have an iPhone like FaceTime. Plus with the Facebook Messenger app, you can apply cool filters like turning yourself into a pizza or alien. Don't have a Facebook? No worries! Try out Google's version of video conferencing: Google hangouts.
- Have a Meal Delivered to Mom - In this day and age, there are SO many options for delivering food, and amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, many restaurants have gone out of their way to make delivery and pick up options available to their customers. If you as a mom, or as a family member, want to order mom's favorite food for Mother's Day, check out these different delivery apps to see if one of them will pick up Mom's favorite meal and bring it right up to her doorstep. Or simply call her favorite restaurant and ask what their delivery options they have. Good food is still a great option this Mother's Day.
- Recreate a Game Night Virtually - Even if you may not be with your mom, you can still play games together - virtually. App stores offer a plethora of games you can download on your personal device and play against friends in other locations. Some popular games available in multiple app stores that you may enjoy include Mario Kart Tour, Scrabble GO, Trivia Crack, Kahoot!, Words With Friends, Sky: Children of the Light, Houseparty, Yahtzee with Buddies, Uno, Psych! Outwit Your Friends, and 8 Ball Pool.
- Send Mom a Letter - Try going old school this year and send you mom a letter through the mail. Tell her why you appreciate her, why she is special, and why you love her. She will love hearing those things - plus everyone loves receiving mail, right?
- Make Mom a Photo Album - Nothing makes moms happier than seeing pictures of her family, children, grandchildren, and loved ones. You could hand make this photo album or make one on an application such as Shutterfly or SnapFish.
- Give Mom a Break! For moms who have little ones at home, find a way to give yourself a break, and relax on Mother's Day. Entertain your kids with a movie, activity, or game that will keep them occupied while you enjoy some time to yourself.
- Let Someone Else do the Dirty Work You can have Zerorez come out and do the work for mom and leave your home feeling refreshed. Mom will be able to relax knowing that her surfaces are clean and she didn't have to put even one ounce of shoulder grease into it. Cleaning services that your mom may appreciate at this time include
- Carpet Cleaning
- Tile & Grout Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Area Rug Cleaning
- Pet Stains and Odor Treatment
- & More!
Schedule an appointment online or give us a call today to see how we can make your Mother's Day shine!